Omega 3-6-9 Fatty Acids with EPA and DHA for Dogs & Cats
BioFATS supplies your dog or cat with active essential fatty acids known to optimize, nourish and protect. This precise ratio of omega 3-6-9 fatty acids supports healthy metabolic and hormonal activity as well as normal inflammatory and histamine response. Adding BioFATS to your pet’s meals assures they receive the exact proportion of fatty acids their bodies need to sustain and maintain healthy skin, coat, maintain normal shedding, joints and overall general health.
GMO-Free BioFATS is a fresh and antioxidant protected supply of molecularly distilled fish oil from salmon, sardine, herring, mackerel and anchovy, organic flaxseed and virgin olive oils, supplying nutrients known to support health.
BioFATS is the only Omega 3-6-9 supplement that supports the pancreas with pancrelipase helping the breakdown of the food your pet is eating. Pancrelipase provides three enzymes, lipase for fat, amylase for carbs and protease for protein, essential for digestion and absorption of numerous nutrients, especially fats.
Free From —PCB’s, heavy metals, dioxins and GMO’s. Does not contain artificial: flavours, colours, preservatives or binders.
Buy LocalPurchase our wellness products from your local retailer
Purchase BiologicVET directly from FloraHealth
How It Helps
For Optimal Results
BioFATS is a source of fatty acids that, when used regularly, helps in the maintenance of your pet’s normal skin, coat and metabolic health and wellness through all of its life stages. Contains a source of lipase that hydrolyzes triglycerides.
Free From — PCB’s, heavy metals, dioxins and GMO’s (salmon, sardine, herring, mackerel, anchovy)
Source of Omega-3 EPA and DHA to promote healthy vision, brain function and inflammatory responses
Organic Flax Seed Oil
Source of Omega-3 ALA and Omega-6 LA to support healthy skin, coat, joints, and connective tissue for normal development and aging
Virgin Olive Oil
Source of Omega-9 with antioxidant properties that benefit healthy hormone function and cardiovascular health
Pancrelipase (pancreatic enzymes)
Pancreatic enzymes are a collection of secretions from the pancreas that are given to animals to improve digestion of fat, protein, and sugars. Pancreatic enzymes are used as a digestive aid for the treatment of EPI, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (maldigestion syndrome). Pancreatic enzymes must be supplemented in cases of pancreatic enzyme deficiency for those animals whose pancreas has stopped functioning.
Is a major component of liver cell membranes functioning as an antioxidant to protect liver cells from damage. It provides nourishment and protection to the myelin sheath that surround nerve fibres. PC is a major constituent of bile, necessary for metabolizing fats.
Phophatidylcholine is responsible for the detoxification process of breaking down and getting rid of the fight and flight hormones which can damage the body if not dealt with quickly
MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS PER ¼ TEASPOON (1.25 ml)
|Fish oil (body oil from salmon, sardine, herring, mackerel, anchovy)|
EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 115 mg
DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) 76 mg
|Linum usitatissimum (flaxseed, oil, organic)||353||mg|
|Olea europaea (olive oil, fruit, virgin oil)||56||mg|
|Pancrelipase (porcine, pancreas)|
Standardized to contain:
Lipase (8 USP/mg) equivalent to: 134 USP
Amylase (100 USP/mg) equivalent to : 1750 USP
Protease (100 USP/mg) equivalent to: 1750 USP
|Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, Glycine max) 6.5 mg AT (9.7 IU) ||7||mg|
|Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate)||0.8||mg|
CAUTIONS: Do not for use in pregnant or lactating animals. Do not exceed the recommended dose. Do not use in animals with bleeding disorders or diabetes, unless directed by a veterianarian.
Administer orally. Mix ¼ teaspoon per 4.5 kg (10 lb) of weight to a maximum of 2 teaspoons daily. Add to raw, moist or dry food. For the best results, divide the daily serving between two meals. This product is intended for supplemental feeding only.
|Weight||Daily Serving (tsp)||200 ml Supply (days)||355 ml Supply (days)||946 ml Supply (days)|
|5 lb (2.25 kg)||1/8||320|
|10 lb (4.5 kg)||1/4||160||284|
|20 lb (9.0 kg)||1/2||80||142||360|
|30 lb (13.5 kg )||3/4||53||94|
|40 lb (18.0 kg)||1||40||71||180|
|50 lb (22.5 kg )||1 1/4||56|
|60 lb (27.0 kg )||1 1/2||47|
|70 lb (31.5 kg)||1 3/4||40|
|80 lb (36.0 kg )||2||20||35||90|
NN.Z5E8 Veterinary Health Product (VHP)
Veterinary Health Product Notification Program
There continues to be an increasing demand for Veterinary Health Products (VHPs) in Canada, such as vitamins, minerals, traditional medicines for companion (pets) and food-producing animals. Health Canada’s Notification Program for VHPs builds on a previous program (i.e. the Interim Notification Pilot Program) and reflects the following guiding principles:
- The mandate of Health Canada’s Veterinary Drugs Directorate (VDD) is to protect human and animal health and the safety of Canada’s food supply. In support of this objective, the VDD sets standards and promotes the safe use of veterinary drugs (including VHPs) administered to animals in Canada.
- There is a need to ensure that VHPs are regulated in a flexible and risk appropriate way, in order to minimize the burden on industry and facilitate access to products that may provide additional tools for maintaining health and welfare for animals. For example, many low risk products are used as additional health management tools and may reduce the need to use conventional drugs, including antimicrobials.
- Given the safeguards of the Program, including pre- and post-market oversight of VHPs imported and sold in Canada, Health Canada considers it unlikely that a product satisfying all applicable requirements could present a risk to the safety of animals or humans, including food safety. Health Canada takes a risk-based approach when a regulatory non-compliance is identified.
Changes made to the Food and Drug Regulations in 2017 permit the importation and sale of Veterinary Health Products (VHPs) in Canada provided the following rules are met:
- Manufacturers are required to follow the Part 3 – Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the Natural Health Products Regulations;
- All active, homeopathic and traditional medicine substances used to make a VHP (in accordance with any applicable conditions) are as described on List C: Veterinary Health Products [Note: under this Program, this is called the List of Permitted Substances]
- Product labels must:
- Include the statement “Veterinary Health Product / Produit de santé animale”
- Follow the labelling rules of the Food and Drug Regulations
- Include any applicable mandatory label statements as described on List C
- Companies are required to notify their VHPs to Health Canada:
- At least 30 days before selling a VHP in Canada
- At least 30 days before making a change to a VHP that is already notified in Canada
- Before importing a VHP into Canada
- Companies are required to report any serious adverse drug reactions to Health Canada
The Program is in effect as of November 13, 2017.
Omega Fatty Acids
Animals require two essential fatty acids (termed “parents”): alpha-linolenic acid (ALA; an Omega-3) and linoleic acid (LA; an Omega-6).
The actions of these two parent fatty acids mirror each other in making non-essential fatty acids (termed “derivatives”). Omega-3 derivatives (EPA & DHA) work in tandem with Omega-6 derivatives (GLA). This activity is required by your pet’s body for healthy inflammatory and histamine response, metabolism and overall health and wellness. If a sufficient quantity of the two parent essential fatty acids are not supplied in a proper ratio, the production of Omega-3 derivatives and their Omega-6 counterparts happen out of sync, leading to chronic inflammation, allergies, arthritis and other serious health conditions.
BioFATS provides your pet with that precise ratio of Omega 3-6-9 fatty acids to support healthy skin and coat, joints and overall health and wellness.