Multi-Nutrient – Vitamins, Minerals, Enzymes & Antioxidants
BioVITES is a holistic, nutritional supplement that provides a full spectrum of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, prebiotics, lignans, protein, amino acids, and antioxidants; when used regularly, helps to normalize digestion, absorption and metabolism that are important for immune function and general health.
This daily supplement is formulated to support your pet’s immune system and to encourage the most effective delivery of nutrients, maintain nutrient density, feed efficiency and help maintain general health at every stage of your pet’s life. Contains pancrelipase that hydrolyzes triglycerides; protease and bromelain that hydrolyzes protein.
Does not contain artificial: flavours, colours, preservatives or binders.
Buy LocalPurchase our wellness products from your local retailer
Purchase BiologicVET directly from FloraHealth
How It Helps
For Optimal Results
- Key Ingredients
- Guaranteed Analysis & Ingredients
- Feeding Directions
- BioFIBRE Nutrition Facts
Flax, Sunflower & Sesame Seed Fibre
Lignan-rich blend that encourages nutrient absorption from supplements and food, and functions as a hormonal support for spayed and neutered pets
Vitamins, Minerals & Enzymes
Holistic nutrition that promotes and maintains whole body health and wellness (e.g. digestion, nutrient absorption, metabolism, etc.)
Amino Acids & Antioxidants
Support healthy vision; heart, brain and immune function and encourage healthy metabolism
Support healthy digestion and efficient nutrient absorption
Did you know? Many health problems can benefit from a balanced diet and daily nutritional support. BioVITES mixes completely with your pet’s preferred food, and works together with BioFATS for a no-hassle, heaping dose of goodness.
.MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS PER SCOOP (5g)
|Linus usitatissimum (flaxseed defatted meal, hull)||2582||mg|
|Whey protein concentrate (bovine, milk)||1430||mg|
|Magnesium (amino acid chelate)||25||mg|
|Polyphenols (camelliea sinensis, leaf)||20||mg|
|Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, Glycine maxfruit) 13.4 mg AT (20IU) ||14.7||mg|
|Bromelain (pineapple fruit, Ananas comosus, stem) (360000 FCC PU))||10||mg|
|Inositol (Zea mays, whole plant)||4||mg|
|Manganese (amino acid chelate)||3||mg|
|Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)||3||mg|
|Thiamine (vitamin B1, hydrochloride)||2||mg|
|Riboflavin (vitamin B2)||2||mg|
|Niacinamide (vitamin B3)||2||mg|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride)||2||mg|
|Pancrelipase (porcine, pancreas)|
Standardized to contain:
Lipase (8 USP/mg) equivalent to: 16 USP
Amylase (100 USP/mg) equivalent to: 200 USP
Protease (100 USP/mg) equivalent to: 200 USP
|Zinc (amino acid chelate)||1.3||mg|
|D-Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5)||1||mg|
|Fucus vesiculosus (kelp, whole plant)||1||mg|
|Molybdenum (amino acid chelate)||0.6||mg|
|Iron (amino acid chelate)||0.3||mg|
|Protease (Aspergillus oryzæ) (15FCC PU)||0.15||mg|
|Copper (amino acid chelate)||0.1||mg|
|Vitamin A (palmitate)(180 IU)||54||mcgRAE|
|Folate (folic acid)||10||mcg|
|Beta-carotene (all-trans-beta-carotene) (10 IU)||6||mcg|
|Selenium (HVP* chelate)||5||mcg|
|Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)||2||mcg|
|Iodine (kelp, laminariales)||2.5||mcg|
|Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol, lanolin) (12 IU)||0.3||mcg|
NON-MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS: Certified organic seed cake defatted meal (sunflower, sesame), silicon dioxide, betaine
CAUTIONS: Do not exceed the recommended dose. For long-term use consult a veterinarian.*
CONTRAINDICATIONS: Do not use in 1) pregnant or lactating animals 2) certain dog breeds predisposed to copper toxicity 3) animals with bleeding disorders, gastrointestinal ulceration, kidney or liver disease. Do not use in animals with diabetes, thyroid disease, unless directed by a veterinarian
What does ‘not for long-term use’ mean?
This purposely vague description is neither clearly defined nor is it a fixed duration of time. It may include a time frame of several days, weeks, months or even years. Health Canada requires the use of this statement on our labels as part of the Interim Notification Program (The Program) for Low-Risk Veterinary Health Products (LRVHP). This statement is summoned when certain ingredients are present in a product, such as enzymes or various herbal extracts. In BioVITES it is the Bromelain that requires the statement.
Dietary supplements, such as BiologicVET’s, are quite safe to take every day. However, it is best to keep in mind that the long-term use of any supplement should be discussed with your trusted veterinarian. They will help evaluate and assess the pros and cons of supplementation based on your animal companion’s unique and individual needs.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Administer orally. Mix one half scoop (2.5 g) per 4.5 kg (10 lb) of body weight to a maximum of 6 scoops daily. Add to raw, moist or dry food. If desired, add water to make a gravy-like paste. For best results, divide between two meals.
Scoop included. 1 Scoop = 1 TBSP
|Weight||Daily Serving (scoop)||200g Supply (days)||400g Supply (days)||1600g Supply (days)|
|5 lb (2.25 kg)||1/4||160||320|
|10 lb (4.5 kg)||1/2||80||160||640|
|20 lb (9.0 kg)||1||40||80||320|
|30 lb (13.5 kg )||1 1/2||27||53||212|
|40 lb (18.0 kg)||2||20||40||160|
|50 lb (22.5 kg )||2 1/2||16||32||128|
|60 lb (27.0 kg )||3||13||27||106|
|70 lb (31.5 kg)||3 1/2||11||23||92|
|80 lb (36.0 kg )||4||10||20||80|
|90 lb (40.5 kg)||4 1/2||9||18||71|
|100 lb (45.0 kg)||5||8||16||64|
|110 lb (49.5 kg)||5 1/2||7||14||58|
|120 lb (54.0 kg)||6||6||13||53|
NN.L0D2 Veterinary Product (VHP)
Veterinary Health Product Notification Program
There continues to be an increasing demand for Veterinary Health Products (VHPs) in Canada, such as vitamins, minerals, traditional medicines for companion (pets) and food-producing animals. Health Canada’s Notification Program for VHPs builds on a previous program (i.e. the Interim Notification Pilot Program) and reflects the following guiding principles:
- The mandate of Health Canada’s Veterinary Drugs Directorate (VDD) is to protect human and animal health and the safety of Canada’s food supply. In support of this objective, the VDD sets standards and promotes the safe use of veterinary drugs (including VHPs) administered to animals in Canada.
- There is a need to ensure that VHPs are regulated in a flexible and risk appropriate way, in order to minimize the burden on industry and facilitate access to products that may provide additional tools for maintaining health and welfare for animals. For example, many low risk products are used as additional health management tools and may reduce the need to use conventional drugs, including antimicrobials.
- Given the safeguards of the Program, including pre- and post-market oversight of VHPs imported and sold in Canada, Health Canada considers it unlikely that a product satisfying all applicable requirements could present a risk to the safety of animals or humans, including food safety. Health Canada takes a risk-based approach when a regulatory non-compliance is identified.
Changes made to the Food and Drug Regulations in 2017 permit the importation and sale of Veterinary Health Products (VHPs) in Canada provided the following rules are met:
- Manufacturers are required to follow the Part 3 – Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the Natural Health Products Regulations;
- All active, homeopathic and traditional medicine substances used to make a VHP (in accordance with any applicable conditions) are as described on List C: Veterinary Health Products [Note: under this Program, this is called the List of Permitted Substances]
- Product labels must:
- Include the statement “Veterinary Health Product / Produit de santé animale”
- Follow the labelling rules of the Food and Drug Regulations
- Include any applicable mandatory label statements as described on List C
- Companies are required to notify their VHPs to Health Canada:
- At least 30 days before selling a VHP in Canada
- At least 30 days before making a change to a VHP that is already notified in Canada
- Before importing a VHP into Canada
- Companies are required to report any serious adverse drug reactions to Health Canada
The Program is in effect as of November 13, 2017.
BioFIBRE Delivery System—Nutrition Facts
The delivery system of BioVITES is a certified organic blend of defatted flax, sunflower and sesame seed providing the good bacteria in the intestinal tract of the dog or cat a valuble prebiotic food source to improve their immune system. This fibre also supplies plant estrogens called lignans that the good bacteria convert into mammalian estrogens balancing hormone function in the dog and cat especially when they have been spayed or neutered.
Each scoop (1 tbsp) will provide at minimum 14 mg of lignans. The Vet recommended amount is 1 mg of lignan per lb of pet weight. By improving the intestinal tract function, immune system, and hormonal function of the dog or cat there is better absorption of the nutrients from the formula as well as from the food they are eating allowing the BioVITES formula to begin to work in a very short time.
1 Scoop = 1 TBSP
|per 1 scoop||Units|
For years, I have been using BioVITES for my Bouvier, General. He came to me with smelly, runny poop as a young dog, but was otherwise healthy. Changing his diet didn’t help but adding digestive enzymes helped immediately. Bouviers are famous for their excessive flatulence but he doesn’t have that problem.
General is now 8 and still bounces around like a puppy, thanks to BioVITES and more recently, BioFATS.Pat Jarvis